Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Pasture Turnout Fencing

In some places the big pasture fencing is serviceable, in other places the boys could walk right over… reinforcements are definitely on the short list! Thank goodness for grass in the pastures to make staying in them appealing.  Make good choices, boys!!

I have do have Dewey and Curio in the arena, which is in that pasture, so Highboy and Note do keep going back to the arena to talk to them rather than testing the perimeter….  So far… 

After feeding and turning out the horses, the morning’s first order of business was making many phone calls. I got contact info from the local feed store for suppliers, things like arena footing and gravel for high traffic areas such as gates and water tanks.  So far I’m leaving voicemails and texting, I imagine Monday mornings are hectic for them, too, which is likely why they’re not answering phones.

Then on Tuesday I made a trip to the store to get shavings and wood pellets for the stalls, and asked there about fencing and a hay supplier.  The guy who loaded my truck said the Amish around here are the best for that sort of thing. 

I asked him to forgive my ignorance, but do the Amish use telephones?  How do I contact someone?  He made a few calls (on speakerphone so I could hear as well) and got me a phone number for an Amish guy who often has hay. Apparently they will use cell phones for business/work but they don’t use them at home so I should only call during business hours. 

He said to the people he called to get me information, “A horse trainer from Colorado just moved here and she’s looking for…”  to which the people on the phone exclaimed, “Oh yeah, I heard about her!”  I was so surprised that people knew who I was, it’s kind of fun to be in such a small area that everyone knows when a horse trainer comes to town.  But I better make sure I’m polite or it will definitely come back around!  





No comments:

Post a Comment