Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Friday, March 25, 2022

First Ride in VA


First ride at the new place is in the books!  After digging through trunks and tubs I located some equipment, groomed Highboy, tacked up and hopped on.  He was a little “up” riding as just the two of us in the big fields, but behaved himself.  

My back feels a little achey on the right side, but otherwise good. This is my first ride on him since before back surgery mid-December, and even with all the time off and all the life changes he was still regular old goofy Highboy.


My border collies were singing the sad dog song from the barn because they couldn’t come.  We’re still working on perimeter training and I don’t want them to go bother the neighbors before I’ve even met the neighbors. They picked up the first verse when they saw me emerge from the tack room wearing a helmet and tall boots and carrying a bridle, and got loud during the chorus as they lamented not working during this first ride.

Highboy and I cruised around the arena pasture, the big hay field, and then walked in the arena a bit. He made some googley eyes at the thick trees, convinced something was lurking just out of sight, but it was mostly for entertainment purposes not out of fear. Then we headed back to the barn feeling pretty good about future rides here. I have a ton to do to get this transformed into the combined training facility I’ve envisioned, but I can definitely picture it and I’m excited to create it!


No comments:

Post a Comment