Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, March 31, 2022

Happy Horses


This is how I imagine the ranch in heaven, acres of green grass, and my horses wandering up to the fence to say hello when I poke my head out of the barn. Spending the day puttering around trying to get some barn stuff unpacked.



Highboy has gained significant weight from the pasture since we got here and looks amazing. This has been the eatingest two weeks he’s ever had!  The Coloradan in me keeps thinking in the back of my mind that I’ve got to really make sure the pasture doesn’t get overgrazed … so far it looks fine and Owen remind me we are at the very beginning of the growing season.  I’m also well aware of the hazards of too much green grass from so many years working in vet clinics, but everyone is doing well so far. 



Oddly, they absolutely love their stalls.  Horses were not made to live in 12x12 boxes, but this group thinks that everyone all together in the barn is the greatest. Probably because they all bonded so strongly riding in the trailer together coming here. So far it’s a good mix of turned out all day and in at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment