Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Last Container Arrived for the Barn

The container with the rest of my barn stuff arrived today.  While I waited for it this morning I was feeling a little overwhelmed about how to organize the barn.  I’m extremely tired and having some vertigo issues with the overstimulation of the past several weeks. These issues go along with performing a move of this magnitude while I still have to deal with the brain injury that prompted the move to begin with.  I found myself walking around in circles in the barn having the same thoughts repeatedly as I passed each area, which was when I realized I needed to take some of my regular medications and eat a protein bar.



Thankfully that helped.  I have a feed area of sorts, but I need to set it up differently so I can easily get to the feed but a loose horse couldn’t. 

Next is where to put the tack lockers.  How do I set up my tack room to maximize space and minimize the number of holes I drill into the tongue-and-groove walls? First world problems!


When the last container arrived with all the barn stuff they backed the truck up to the barn.  Unloaded, among other things, were my brown fence panels. Now I have a Daisy-proof grazing area for my houdini pony.

Daisy can see the next pen over, where I put Dewey and Curio for a few minutes while I made sure everyone had what they needed in the barn for the night. It’s not a bad view from there overlooking the lake.



This photo made me laugh- try to guess which set of haunches belongs to the warmblood and which belongs to the Thoroughbred!  Hint: Dewey, the OTTB, really likes to eat.

The border collies were surprised, possibly even a little insulted that they were not called upon to assist with unloading. They want to be helpful, it’s just the border collie way to be involved in everything, anticipating every need. So instead Rizzo crossed her paws and rested her doggie chin on them and she and Pascal supervised from their kennel in the barn.


Tomorrow the planning and organizing begins, then the unpacking.  How did we get so incredibly lucky to land here?

Thank you Scotty Epps Felton and Andrea Cooperstein for all your help with making this dream a reality for us!

The horses got to go out and run in the arena in pairs today, a good time was had by all!! Raven’s favorite was the mud puddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment