Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Daisy Riding with Raven

I have this leftover opening in my arena fence from where the sand trucks came in and out during deliveries.  Recently Raven was so worked up about me and Daisy riding without her that she ran to the far end of the arena, entered, and proceeded to do our entire arena ride with us by our side!  

I was initially a little irritated because that wasn’t what I’d planned for my ride, but I decided to go with it and see just how close Raven would stay.  Turns out she was RIGHT there for walk, trot, canter, circles, and changes of direction.  It wouldn’t take much to put together a liberty act with both mares like that.  Now I’m thinking about music and how to incorporate the dogs, too!


Later on my ride with Daisy we walked under this tall post with a vulture who was posed with his wings spread.  Not moving or flapping, just spread out. Was he signaling something to other birds? Airing out his underarms? I have questions!  He just stood like that for several minutes. An internet search revealed that he was probably doing it to cool off. Just felt a little ominous to have him staying right at us the whole time…!

Here is some video from our ride - stunning!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment