Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, July 4, 2022

Photos Around the Ranch


There has been some shuffling among the felines of Bit of Honey this week.  Blu the garage cat has been hanging out in the barn, much to the dismay of Sabbath and Orzo.

Highboy and I have had a couple rides in the new arena sand.

Here is Blu surveying his newly claimed territory. He watches from atop the hay stack, then parades around the barn aisle neener-neenering the dogs.  He will also walk with me to the pastures to feed the horses, he’s kind of a dog - cat, very companionable.



I got hay in to the barn- I was super impressed with the skidsteer rodeo skills the guys exhibited in unloading and stacking the 6’x8’ pallets of hay.
We’ve had a couple good soaking rains which has helped to pack down the sand, which I’m still working on with the rotary harrow.
Raven and I have had a few rides too.  I’m using the pivo to record the rides, and I’m a frustrated with my riding and position as I’m gradually coming back from the emergency neurosurgery this past winter.  I’m well aware that I’m my own worst critic, so I’m making a conscious effort to give myself some grace.  I’m forgiving of Raven as she’s just now coming back into work with me, so I need to offer myself at least as much grace as I’m giving my horse, who didn’t have major surgery.
Rizzo and Pascal are definitely loving being back to work.  They spend far too much working time playing in the lake, but they do eventually come back to the arena for cookies.  I’ve had to switch Rizzo to a special diet of food after she developed struvite crystals in her urine, including special prescription cookies.  She’s doing much better on this food and will have a recheck urinalysis in a couple months to make sure everything has cleared up appropriately. It definitely hasn’t slowed her down any!

At least we’re enjoying finally getting to use our many colors of saddle pads and browbands!

It’s hot enough that Sabbath says this humidity is ridiculous, and he’s definitely melting.



 


This week Raven and I are actually headed to North Carolina for a Centered Riding instructor update clinic.  I need to update my instructor certification since there haven’t been clinics for quite some time due to covid. Fortunately I found one only a few hours away, so Raven and I are headed out on Wednesday.  It will be a little odd going to a Centered Riding clinic without my Bit of Honey crew, but I’m excited to meet new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment