Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Miss Pea Returns!

 

 

As I've written about in the past, whenever I sell a horse I put in the sales contract that the horse can come back to Bit of Honey at any time, for any reason.  I don't purchase horses back, but if a horse I've sold ever needs a place o land, my barn is always open.  Over the years I've sold many, and a couple of them have earned the title of Boomerang Horses since they keep coming back.  Usually it's through no fault of their own since sometimes life just happens.  Divorce, health issues, life changes, all can be reason a hose would find themselves needing to come back.  

Sweetpeacefuldream had raced at Arapahoe in Denver, then when she retired from racing in 2015 she came to me for training through CANTER Colorado, and we went to Kentucky for the Retired Racehorse Project Thoroughbred Makeover that fall.  Shortly after that she went to live with her new owner, and has changed hands several times since then, including a year long return stay at Bit of Honey in 2017 when she was leased for Jasi to ride and show.  

 
 

I've managed to track down each successive owner and make sure they knew my offer to give Sweetpea a home still stood.  Her most recent owner has been absolutely wonderful to her, and they had a special bond.  Unfortunately her owner has had some health issues that resulted in Sweetpea needing a new home. Her owner decided to ship her from Colorado to me here in Virginia where she'll live with my herd.  

While her owner and I are both sad that they had to part ways, I'm very excited to see my old friend!  She left Colorado last Thursday 6/23, and went to the shipping company's barn in TX for layover.  In an interesting plot twist, four of the company's drivers then got sick and tested positive for covid, so that threw a big wrench into the shipper's scheduling and plans!   So now Miss Pea is scheduled to get here on Wed 7/6 in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment