Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, July 6, 2022

NC Heat

Raven and I are at the lovely Foothills Equestrian Center in NC for the rest of the week so I can update my riding instructor certification.  I brought Raven with me because to keep my certification current I need to ride as well as teach so that I can demonstrate I practice what I preach. 

We left home at first light so we could avoid driving during the heat of the day, and arrived here at 9:30 this morning.  Let me tell you that having recently moved back to the east coast from dry Colorado, 92 deg with 55% humidity is A LOT.  My weather app says it feels like 102 deg and it’s only early afternoon!  I hosed off Raven and I swear she shut her eyes and took a power nap while I doused her, after she had taken a long drink of cold water straight from the hose. 

I’m now back in the LQ of my horse trailer, basking in the A/C.  I definitely could get away without air conditioning in CO, camping at altitude it was always cooler in the mountains, but even horseshows weren’t too hot because it cooled off so dramatically at night.  Here in NC it is definitely a necessity, though!  I’m amazed at the boarders who are out on their horses right now, but their horses are acclimated to this and are only kind of sweating even while riding.  

Well, you can see how Raven and I are handling it.  

And I include a shot of my new friend, a little black cat with a mustache who is handling the heat quite well.  He wanted to go outside from the barn office, so we had a brief discussion about whether that was permitted, since my cats at home will often fib regarding where they are allowed to go.  It’s certainly different being at a Centered Riding clinic without my core Bit of Honey crew, but I’m excited to make some new human friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment