Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Plumbing and Barn setup


Today went well, despite the cumulative cost of repairing plumbing in the barn. When we first arrived and turned on the water to the barn I discovered a leak between my office and the tack room that was literally pouring water into the wall. It flooded out the first stall, my office, and my tack room (thank you to my mother in law for sweeping buckets and buckets of water out of there with a dustpan!)  That stall is still wet even a week later, but at least it is drying out slowly and we no longer have standing water or water gushing in the wall.

The other leak was a busted pipe underground in the pasture near a water spigot. It was a little sketchy because it created a serious body of standing water, with a power outlet and wires attached to a wood post going into the ground right in the middle of the water. So neither plumbing issue was of the type that I could postpone safely.  Thankfully they are all repaired now and the plumber was not zapped when he severed the wire in the puddle. But there’s nothing quite like hemorrhaging money when you move to a new place!


This is the view from my chair at the computer in my office in the barn, now dry but in need of a thorough mopping. It will be nice to have my office in the barn for printing forms, doing all the Bit of Honey Training business things right there.


This pavilion is just a very short walk from the barn, and is where we’ll do the unmounted portion of teaching once I start hosting clinics.  Shade, running water, and power, all overlooking the pond and the barn will make for a really peaceful clinic setting!


This is the long row of dog kennels spanning the length of the barn. I only use the first two for Rizzo and Pascal, and most of the time they are together anyway. I snapped this photo of them because it felt like a miracle they had finally settled down and were napping in the sun.


The row of kennels does however make for decent storage for the many many tubs and trunks of gear I brought with me from Colorado. Fortunately everything is labeled! I still have some organizing to do but it’s getting there now and at least I can get to my stuff to ride some of the horses.

I was able to get on Dewey today and hack around the property. He has gotten quite round on the pasture!  I’ve almost stopped giving him mash, just a little to get his supplements into him now.  I try to tell the others if they would spend a little more time eating and a little less time running around they too could be as round as super Dew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment