Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Dewey Trailrides at Staunton River State Park

We returned to Staunton River State Park this weekend with Dewey so I could ride and Owen could run/walk.  We did ten miles and I had no pain!  This is definitely the longest ride I've done since surgery just before Christmas, and it's amazing to me to be able to sit truly straight and not have any pain. 









Dewey was pretty tired by the end.  When we got home (just a short 20 min drive) I put him back out in the pasture with his friends.  That evening when I went to bring everyone in for the night Dewey was nowhere to be found.  A little concerned, I began walking out into the pasture to find him, worried he'd done himself some damage as he's so accident prone.  He was in the far corner of the field, asleep standing up.  Completely asleep, I had to shout his name a few times to wake him up.   He kind of jerked awake, then looked at me bleary eyed as if to say, "oh, is it time for dinner already?"  and he began to walk towards me.  I kind of laughed at him and we went to the barn together.  It was a big ride for only having been on short hacks around the property since we arrived!

Here is the map from the app on Owen's phone.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment