Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Hacking Around the Property

Today I hacked Raven around the property with the dogs.  I love walking around the ponds, through my little trails in the woods (I'm gradually making more and more trails that I can ride a horse through!) and having my happy dogs join me!

 





Raven was definitely a bit "up" today as we rode around.  She mostly behaved, but was looking for things to spook at.  The dogs like to go crashing around in the woods, as well as go leaping and splashing into the pond after the geese which then go squawking around.  Raven did some hopping and fancy prancing since I haven't ridden her much, but she eventually put her brain back in her head and walked nicely with Rizzo at our side.




 

This photo is of the site for the future water complex.  I'm having some complications with getting ahold of folks to do the arena footing and the excavating work here, but we'll get it taken care of eventually.

When I was a kid growing up in MA, there was a weeping willow tree in our backyard.  I used to sit in the big branches and read books for hours there.  This place feels so much like home to me that we decided to plant a few nostalgic trees.  The weeping willow tree is very small right now, but is supposed to grow quite quickly.  So this is its baby picture for comparing in later years as it gets larger.  

We also planted a pussy willow tree near the pond since I had one of those as well when I was a kid, and an apple tree because we love pie.  So far the apple tree is looking pretty stressed since we didn't get it in the ground right away and it spent a bit of time in a bucket while I rounded up some deer fencing so it wouldn't get eaten its first night out.  Hopefully it will make it!  I don't have a great history with plants, I tell people "if it doesn't have four legs it doesn't have a chance with me", but things grow so much better in this area than in dry Colorado hopefully these trees will have a shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment