Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, April 4, 2022

Daisy goes for a ride

Daisy has had the hardest time adjusting to the new place. She does well with structure, and all this open air time with friends grazing in large pastures feels unsettling to her. Because of this she paces the fence all day long, and gets very upset if her friends go to an area that’s out of her sight. I can’t turn her out with the other two girls because while Daisy wants to be with them, she also has a history of beating up her roommates.  I am not eager to have anyone injured.

Note is having similar issues.  He and Daisy are both fine in stalls in the barn but struggle out in large areas. Note at least has been turned out with Dewey and Highboy and the pasture is large enough they can ask get out of each other’s way. He is more concerned with where the mares are, especially since they are alternating who is is season every few days. 

I think I may have created a good setup today. I rearranged some things and hopefully with this organization of the herd and this routine I can get everyone to settle.

I did take Daisy for a ride today around the property.  She really needed some grooming (also appears to be molting as she sheds her winter coat as fast as possible) and I tacked her up and we went for a jaunt. It was good for my mental health and hers. 





No comments:

Post a Comment