Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, December 9, 2021

The Gospel According to a Horse

Often I sit out in the barn and pray.  Whenever I do, this is what happens:


I often say that everything I know about God I've learned from my animals, and an old friend inadvertently pointed out to me today that I frequently write the sermons I need to hear.  The last post about the elk hide had this in it: 

I don't care if a horse never walks across a tarp, what matters to me is that they learn how to be brave when presented with new or potentially scary things, and to look to me for direction and comfort if they're concerned.  

My friend said "Love this: "my goal is to have them be brave when presented with potentially scary new things, and to look to me for direction." ... I can almost hear the Lord saying the same thing. (wow. deep breath.)  The Lord in your words."

It reminded me that God teaches me through these animals.  God would never want me to go through some of the things I do, but He is always support for me and is my emotional safety blanket just as I am for my animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment