Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Raven and the Ravens

I named Raven after the brilliant birds that live here at Bit of Honey.  They are incredibly intelligent, and quite personable.  They also have done a fabulous job of evicting all pigeons from the property!

Raven with her namesake on the post.



These birds are so smart.  They talk to me from the rafters of the arena when I go out to ride in the morning, I swear I've heard them say my name.  They have learned to imitate the dogs, so the birds will whine and bark, as well as click and make kissing noises (vocal cues I use with the horses all the time).  They also make a wide variety of humming, yodeling, and other noises that sound like they come from video games.  I'll say hello to them and they nearly always respond with some sort of noise.

In the evenings they are less chatty, but equally personable.  They will hang out on fence posts while I do the feeding, watching and supervising as I go about doing chores at the end of the day.  If I'm not looking directly at the ravens they let me get quite close, nearly able to touch them.  They know if I'm directing my attention at them however, and will only let me get within about ten feet if my attention is focused on them. 


I do get to see some incredible sunsets from my vantage point at the front of Highboy's run in the barn.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment