Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Centered Riding Instructor Update Clinic Photos

The week prior to moving out of our old place we were at my instructor update clinic in Steamboat Springs, CO at Regina Wendler's barn.  It was a four day clinic during which several certified Centered Riding instructors demonstrated their teaching techniques and several people attended as student riders.  We did unmounted work to practice having soft hands/elbows, address balance, and loosen up our bodies before getting on the horses.  We also took turns teaching the student riders each day, then in the afternoons the instructors were given lessons to improve their own riding.  We also practiced doing bodywork on the students and on each other to help our bodies work more efficiently and with less effort.
Shoulder release

discussing how a shoulder release felt

shoulder release

shoulder release

shoulder release

centering ourselves (finding and dropping our center of gravity)

grounding feet

grounding feet and leg position

discussing the "springs" a rider has in her ankle, knee, and hip joints

"breathing out the button holes"



getting my feet grounded

Discussing the pattern we were to ride


Teaching my lesson the first day





Who knows what I'm explaining?!


Peggy Brown and I discussing with students how my lesson went teaching "the blender" from my jumping collection

Carla Jo on Cisco

Diane with her endurance horse

Karen with her arabian

Lu with her gaited gelding


Regina with Walter

Sara and Fergie are focused






beautiful leg position
Rain and Kim H - smiling!



Michelle and Obie looking good


Khreed, Joyce's arabian

I rode Khreed in the riding lesson where I'm a student

I rode Obie on another day


I rode Rain twice








Loving on Walter
Some of the Bit of Honey crew waiting for the airplane to deliver our clinic supervisor

This cat was really something, I forget her charismatic name but she was all over everyone and wanted to play all the time

She even helped herself to breakfast from the (occupied) bird house

making new friends

Joyce and Khreed






Overall it was an incredible week, with amazing views, new friends, and good ponies!

No comments:

Post a Comment