Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

See My Vest

When I was in Kentucky at the horse park competing with Miss Pea, there were some incredible deals with the vendors.  I got a beautiful black saddle pad with the Retired Racehorse Project logo embroidered in gold on each side, with "Bit of Honey Training" embroidered underneath on the left, and "Colorado High" (Highboy's racing and show name) on the other side.  The shopping was great fun at an entirely Thoroughbred-themed event, where most everything was based on race horses, dressage and jumping.  Here in Colorado it's always a thrill to find anything with an english riding theme seeing as we are in The West and most everything is cowboy oriented, so I was thrilled to have the huge variety of options within my style.

Perhaps my best shopping deal of the whole show was a new safety vest for cross-country jumping.  It is a relatively new company to the US, called Soteria which carries the Racesafe gear.  I'm very particular about my equipment for galloping cross-country, and I wanted something that had the highest safety rating available.  This company's vests do have this highest rating, and the vests are also incredibly comfortable.  They are articulated nicely, and the shoulder holes accommodate my lats easily.  They had a variety of sizes, and I was able to find one that covered my ribs, collar bones, and tail bone, but I could also move in it without feeling like I was dressed like an umpire. 

Being at the show they were having a great sale, and I was able to order a new safety vest in custom Bit of Honey Training colors for an incredible deal.  In fact, the representative there told me I'm actually the first person in the US to order a custom color vest from the company!  It just arrived today, and since it's not technically a Christmas gift I opened it to see how it looks and fit.  The results:  amazing!  I'm going to be the cutest bumble bee on course.


I'm so excited I might just burst into Mr. Burns' song from the Simpsons, "See My Vest", sung to the tune of "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast.

1 comment: