Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Curio Goes Ponying

Raven is my go-to horse for help training youngsters.  She's super solid and definitely is all business when we're working with young horses, so she's my horse of choice for ponying babies.  Yesterday we worked on it with Curio and it went really well.  We had a little giggle at the beginning when I mounted in the arena, I had led both horses to the mounting block, then got on Raven while Curio watched.  My mounting Raven just about blew his little mind.  His eyes got huge with the priceless look of surprise on his face when he realized I was going to sit ON Raven.  He took his cue from her, though, and when she stood totally still and relaxed as I got on and adjusted things he decided it wasn't concerning.

Curio led from my rope while I was riding Raven around in the arena, and he did great.  The dogs went with us to clarify things, and it was a merry little group ride.  


 We walked both directions, did circles both ways, walked over the ground poles and small crossrails.  Curio took a moment to think about the first pile of poles we walked over since there was a shade line right there, but for the most part he continued to take his cues from Raven and just did whatever she did.

Jasi later joined us in the arena and rode Daisy, including trotting and cantering around the arena and jumping a few little fences.  This was good for Curio to watch too, especially with Raven there for confidence.  Jasi took a few photos of us, and I did my best with a ponying selfie.


No comments:

Post a Comment