Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, July 6, 2015

Goodbye to Sweet Schwartz


With a very heavy heart, today I said goodbye to my wonderful Schwartz.  I had the vet put him down this afternoon because of genetic problems which made him a danger to himself and the people handling him.  I desperately wish my crystal ball and magic wand would arrive so I could solve these unsolvable problems. 

It breaks my heart to euthanize such a magnificent creature.  As I discussed with the previous owner, and with my vet, we determined that this was the kindest option for Schwartz.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with him.  I appreciate that his previous owner trusted me with such a challenging horse, as I have so thoroughly enjoyed him.  My onion horse taught me a great deal.  I feel the loss of a great soul today, but I feel honored to have been part of his journey.  I'm glad his months here with me were cribbing strap free, weight gaining, and mostly enjoyable with lots of turnout to romp and play with horse friends.  

I often think of the verses in scriptures that talk about Christ leaving to go prepare a mansion in heaven for us.   I also think that I don't want a mansion, I just need a ranch large enough for all the wonderful horses and animals who have spent time with me in this mortal life.  I'd like to think Schwartz will be waiting for me there, and someday we will go for our gallops in the fields, where there is nothing at all that will make him nervous or upset. 

5 comments:

  1. I want a huge ranch with all my animals in Heaven too. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you had to say Goodbye/ See ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim, I was so sad when I read this...and touched so deeply by your kindness and compassion for this horse AND all the others who cross you path. Sweet boy, I too am very glad he found Bit of Honey for his stressless days.... You are a strong and kind being, my friend Kim.
    Carol, Shambu, Shiloh and Shah....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this. He's waiting, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too bad. Hard to do the kind thing sometimes.

    ReplyDelete