Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Clinic Finale

 
 
The last morning of the clinic was misty and beautiful as I lasered Highboy's back while he ate his morning mash.
 
This is the arena we worked in for the week. They built this specifically for clinics and lessons, with both upstairs and downstairs classrooms air conditioned and heated, a kitchen and viewing area, and bathrooms! We did our unmounted lessons in the upstairs classroom in the morning and then adjourned to the arena for the teaching and riding portions.
 
 

Highboy and I wore out festive fall orange in honor of Kimberly and Rain, who we missed very much on this trip!  The super cool browband was of course a design from Chameleon Browbands.  We had a different set of beads each day, and even Rizzo has a change of jewelry for her leather dog collar!
 
My view for most of the riding portion of the clinic included my folding chair, water bottles, camera bag, notebook, and snoozing Rizzo.
 
This is the face of Rizzo, a little dog who shared a snack of Cheetos with me and then emphatically insisted there must be more stashed somewhere!
Each day Highboy and I rode with Margo and her cute fjord while Deb gave us instruction.  It was immensely helpful to have the real time feedback on my riding and assistance getting Highboy to use himself correctly, including with a straight spine left to right, and with a rounded topline.
 

 This was a small but very fun group of women to work with!  I feel so privileged to have met and been able to learn from them. 
 
Once I got home I was treated to the trees really turning colors now.

No comments:

Post a Comment