Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Introducing One For Nothing

One For Nothing is coming from Arizona!  I found him a little over a month ago when it looked like I would be housing another CANTER Arizona horse at my place for a week while he was en-route to the east coast.  When I went wandering on the internet to see who else was listed with CANTER at that track meet, I came across One For Nothing.  He is a six year old stallion who has raced 44 times, nearly once a month through his racing days.  Over the course of his career he won more than $40,000, coming in first four times.  He is a cryptorchid stallion, which means one testicle has not descended and he will need abdominal surgery to get him neutered.  The horse I was going to be housing for layover fell through, but it worked out for me to buy One For Nothing, since his track owner wanted him to go to a professional who would get him gelded and then retrain him for a sport horse discipline.



One For Nothing's track owner has just been a pleasure to work with.  She was easy to communicate with, very honest with all the information she has about him, and best of all she is excited to keep in touch and follow the horse on the blog as he progresses here at Bit of Honey Training!  I always enjoy these sorts of transactions with good folks at the tracks.  The people I've dealt with have definitely had the horses' best interests in mind and want them to go to just the right home. 


Over the course of the month or so it has taken to get One For Nothing here he was chosen by Eventing Nation Magazine for the Off Track Thoroughbred Wish List by Cosequin.  One For Nothing's track owner and I were both very excited to see he had made the list, and it just confirmed my suspicion that I had chosen a good one!  

The horse was picked up by Guardian Angel Horse Transport on Thursday this week, and arrived this evening.  The track owner and the shipper both told me One For Nothing is hot tempered, not wanting to settle in the trailer.  I've handled stallions and I'm quite comfortable with the behaviors that come with them.  However, since Bit of Honey is a G-rated facility, One For Nothing will be gelded shortly. 








Once he has been gelded and the testosterone has worn off a bit he will be restarted under saddle and we'll find out what he wants to do for his next career.  I do enjoy a challenge and One For Nothing appears to be a fun one all wrapped up in gorgeous conformation with two neat white socks on his front feet.  He will be a resale project, so be sure to follow him as he progresses!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I met One For Nothing when I was at the racehorse owner's ranch to look at one of the mares listed on the CANTER Arizona site. He is absolutely gorgeous! I look forward to following his progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a handsome one. I also like the look of his hooves. Good luck with the surgery!

    ReplyDelete