Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bit of Honey Moving Crew

Last night we stayed out past our bedtimes to move one of our Bit of Honey Crew into her new apartment.  Our friend, also named Kim, has been staying with us for a bit while she is in between apartments.  The housing situation in Fort Collins has gotten ridiculous, with rental prices astronomically high.  In order to find something affordable Kim had to look in a neighboring town, where she found the very cutest old historical hotel that was converted into apartments to rent.  We loaded up her stuff in a horse trailer, the bed and cab of the truck, as well as two cars.  Then we drove to her new place and unloaded in her new digs.  We all felt very fortunate to have the Bit of Honey Crew, who not only can groom at horse shows with the best of them, but also pitch in to move one of our own when she needs help.  We celebrated our good deed with pizza across the street from the new apartment once everything was unloaded. 


I also took a moment to feel proud of my backing skills with a truck and trailer.  I had to back the full rig around a corner into a driveway with a steep curb and wonky pavement on each side, using only mirrors since we had packed everything so full.  I got it exactly right on only the second try, and that's with traffic all around us on the road.  I also lined it up nearly parallel to the building on the pavement.  


Often people ask me how long it took me to get used to driving a horse trailer.  I explain that I learned to drive in an F-250 pickup, and the day I got my driver's license my mother declared she was never pulling the horse trailer again.  I don't think she ever did, but I sure learned fast how to haul horses in a variety of sizes of horse trailers and how to back different types of rigs in all situations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment