Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Blu and Raven and Daffodils



 

Raven and I went for a short ride around the property to try out our newly altered girth with the aussie saddle. Success! Many thanks to George with Union Level Leather for altering an elasticized dressage girth by putting extra wide buckles on it, as well as changing my overgirth to be billets on both sides instead of a ring. He did a really thorough job and was careful to ensure the equipment was reassembled safely.  

When the ride was done I hosed off Raven and we were hand grazing while she dried. I didn’t want her to roll in the mud immediately!  Blu came to hang out with us. He’s remarkably brave around the horses considering how skittish he can be with people he doesn’t know. 



Just today all these daffodils popped up!  Spring is definitely here, with lows overnight in the 50s and a day in the 80s forecasted later this week. I’m so glad we moved here, I do not miss the terrible wind, breaking ice off water tanks, or bitter cold temps. I’ve only had to walk down the hoses to prevent them freezing a couple times all winter!









No comments:

Post a Comment