Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, May 26, 2022

Jasi Comes To Visit

Jasi is here for the week visiting, and we've been having a great time hacking around the property with Daisy and Raven.




I'm still waiting on arena footing, it's proved challenging to get a stretch of dry enough weather that the big trucks can get into the arena without ripping up the pasture grass.  So in the meantime I'm working on trails on the property and riding those.  I have an app on my phone that will map out where I'm riding, and this is what it currently looks like.  I have a couple short loops, and a couple out-and-back trails. 



 


 

It's been kind of drizzly and rainy here this week, which works out well for hacking around since it's not too hot.  Poor Daisy is really struggling with the tick population here, she seems to be a favorite for those little bugs.  I spoke with a local veterinarian who recommended making a few changes in addition to the dietary support and bug repellent I've been using.  I've got fipronil/Frontline spray now, and we have the option to put Daisy on an antihistamine if she needs it after trying the spray for a couple weeks.  Hopefully in succeeding years she won't have as pronounced a reaction, the vet said often the first year is the hardest until the horse's body acclimates to new insects.


 

With her hair tied up, a black Bit of Honey jacket, and black helmet, Jasi's almost ready for a game of "is this photo Kim or Jasi?"



 




No comments:

Post a Comment