Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Pajamas for Horses at Sunset

Everyone asked for pajamas tonight, so they all got blankets for the snowstorm. 

 


 
How do they ask for pajamas? The horses here each have been trained to stand by the gate and stare at me if they would like a wardrobe change. If I see a horse waiting, I’ll put on/take off their blankets as needed. Even new horses figure this out really quickly by watching the others.

 
Tonight they all lined up by their gates and stood quietly for me to carefully place winter jammies on them. They seem to understand that I’m still kind of fragile post-surgery, so they each lowered their necks politely so I could get the blankets on over their heads, then swing blankets onto their backs to do straps and buckles.
 


After each horse was appropriately attired he would go back to eating hay. I’m grateful for well behaved creatures who clearly tell me what they need!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment