Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Friday, September 3, 2021

Pictures From Friday

I woke up today and went out to feed horses, and noticed this rainbow.  It's unusual to have rainbows here in the morning, usually they show up in the evening after the afternoon thundershowers.

I'd  worked the arena footing and set up the jumps with both a few gymnastic lines and some course options.

 

 Blu, one of my garage cats, was sunbathing in the driveway as I got horses ready to ride.



I rode Dewey today, his first ride in a while since he had reinjured his left front hoof/pastern by reopening an old wound.  Dewey is by far the most accident prone horse I've ever had, but we love him anyway.  His left front is healing up nicely, and he rode quite well today, despite wanting to play with the dogs.






 

I do love a round thoroughbred!  

I also got on Ferriana, she needed a quick jump school before we go to Sunrise tomorrow for another cross country school in preparation for a small horse trial in a week.  She was quite happy to be jumping things with technical footwork, our last few rides have been dressage for which she only has about twenty minutes of patience before she starts to get irritated with me.  The Pivo was in the barn charging, so no video of her school today, but I got a photo of us standing near the sunflowers in the arena.  They are the weedy ones that grow out of the cement at the side of the road, but they are my favorite flower.  Mostly because they thrive on neglect and are my favorite color - yellow.  Ferriana things they're pretty tasty, too.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment