Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Birthday Trailride at Lady Moon

Happy birthday to me!  For my birthday weekend I wanted to go trail riding, so Owen, Jasi and I loaded up Raven and Daisy to go up to Red Feather and cruise along the Lady Moon trails there. 

We went out Lady Moon, turned right to take Granite Rim trail, and then made another right to loop back along Molly Moon trail.  Just after leaving the parking lot we encountered a few mama cows with their calves, and they were not yielding the trail to some measly horses.  Raven made some googly eyes at them and leaped sideways, but we passed them without too much drama.  Daisy didn't care, she had lived for a year and a half with a herd of cattle before I brought her back to Bit of Honey.

There were parts of the trail where we could trot and there Raven truly kicked it into another gear.  She hauled along fast with Daisy eventually shrugging off the speed and just trotting along at her own pace.  We also went down some steep rocky switchbacks which we carefully picked our way through.  Daisy was kind of confused about the whole "sharp turn left, steep drop, sharp turn right" as we negotiated the trail, but in the end she decided to just follow Raven and we got to the bottom safely.  The last part through the meadows was gorgeous.








When we got back home the dogs were happy to be reunited with us, and Jasi decided to capture my entire ensemble celebrating both the 4th of July and my birthday.  The hat is a happy find from years ago that I pull out annually for July festivities.  Today it also earned me a few odd looks from men in trucks at the gas station as I pulled up in my giant rig and sparkly hat.



It was a wonderful birthday ride, and it made me want to tell my fifteen year old self just how truly amazing and full of horses her life at forty is going to be.  Victory!  I made it another year, and I'm so happy my life is the best it's ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment