Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, October 9, 2017

Welcome Back, Sweetpeacefuldream!

In 2015 I trained and took CANTER Colorado owned Sweetpeacefuldream to the Retired Racehorse Project Thoroughbred Makeover in Kentucky to compete in showjumping.  She did really well and sold shortly afterwards to a great home.  Now her owner has finished college and is moving out of state, and needed a place for Miss Pea while she continues her education at this great internship opportunity.  I offered to lease Miss Pea so she could come back to Bit of Honey Training and then my working student would have an OTTB of her own to bring along and compete. 

Today I went into Fort Collins to Miss Pea's owner's boarding barn to pick her up! 


I arrived a little before her owner did, but Miss Pea immediately came into her stall from her paddock to greet me like an old friend.  Horses have a very long memory, and this is one of many instances of a horse remembering me, even years after I've sold them.


We proceeded to fill out lease paperwork to make sure that we discussed and agreed on everything with regard to Miss Pea's care.


Next I went to put shipping boots on Miss Pea to protect her legs while she's in the trailer.  I let her sniff them before I put them on, and she seemed a little disturbed by the fact that they smelled like Highboy, who had worn them last.  Boys....  ew.


Her owner and I visited a little bit and then we were on our way!


Miss Pea took a good look at the trailer and then hopped right in for me.  


She was a little nervous in the trailer. but when we arrived at home and unloaded, Miss Pea immediately took a deep breath and realized she was back in familiar surroundings. 


We are so incredibly excited to have Miss Pea back at Bit of Honey!  If my crystal ball is correct, I foresee many fun days ahead spent jumping, trail riding, showing, and probably becoming an incredible liberty horse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment