Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Highboy Ready for Horse Trials!

Highboy and I are officially ready to get packing for his very first recognized horse trial! We will be headed to Laramie for the Windy Wyoming Horse Trials this weekend. I have set my goals for the weekend:

1 - to remain in the dressage court for the duration of our test (not jumping out despite those little white fences that should be jumps)

2 - stay mounted throughout all phases of competition (no falling off)

I've waited three years to be able to show Highboy at a recognized event. First he needed rehab, then he grew 4" taller and I had to wait for his muscles to catch up with his bones, then I had to wait for his brain to mature, then I had to figure out how he jumps best. We are finally at a place where we can give this a try!
 

 

2 comments: