Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Centered Riding Instructor Clinic

This week I am in the mountains in Steamboat Springs updating my Centered Riding instructor certification. The instructor clinic this time is a very friendly size of about nine instructors, allowing for plenty of discussion and instructor training. In addition to that, as an updating instructor I am teaching student riders in private lessons, and riding Monty to demonstrate that I can practice what I preach.

After a slightly harrowing drive down the canyon through Rabbit Ears Pass through miles of one lane road construction we made it to Humble Ranch.  It's a beautiful cattle ranch that also has two arenas, one covered and one outdoor. For the past fifteen years they have hosted a therapeutic riding program and just recently the ranch has been opened up to host other selected events, including our Centered Riding instructor clinic.


I brought Monty, Dewey, and Tao with me to this clinic. I'm riding Monty, and the other two are being ridden by my friends and students Sara and Carrie as student riders. So far my horses are wildly popular, astonishing most of the participants with how quiet and easygoing the Thoroughbreds are and how sensitive and responsive Tao the haflinger is. There have been multiple inquiries regarding whether I'd sell any of them, and requests for information on how I manage and feed them. It's so fun to receive attention because of how quiet and steady my horses are, something I felt due for after the "frog and toad's wild ride" I had on my last trip with Highboy.


No comments:

Post a Comment