Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Cosmo Returns to Bit of Honey

When I came home from the horse expo last month I brought an extra pony home with me.  About a year ago I leased Cosmo from one of my clients to use for riding lessons, and now Cosmo is a permanent resident at Bit of Honey Training, available to teach the smaller students about riding!  He has a great background, starting life as an Amish driving pony, then learning english riding skills at a hunter jumper barn before he landed with my client.  Now that he's here, he will be doing lessons and hopefully my shorter working student will be able to spend some time this summer putting mileage on Cosmo so he can do some pair paces and schooling shows. 

Cosmo's first official lesson was last Saturday with Josie, and here are some of my favorite photos from the ride. 





You'll notice that Cosmo is wearing a noseband with the reins attached to it.  All my lesson horses teach without a bit, that helps them to differentiate whether they are to be teaching or learning.  This one worked ok for a short first lesson, but I need to find one that is a little smaller circumference for Cosmo's little face!  He is just a wonderful pony, he nickered at Josie every time she approached him with a new brush or grooming tool as she prepared him for the ride.  We are going to have a great season watching these two progress and begin showing!

No comments:

Post a Comment