Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Better Than Bonbons


I have been so well supported these past two weeks by the Bit of Honey crew.  Today was a huge blessing from a great group of my people.  Some of my friends from up the road at Mountain View Arabians came over and joined the barn regulars here in a fiesta of paddock cleaning.  They not only cleaned all the loafing sheds, but picked up my new wheelbarrow from the feed store and changed blankets on the horses who were in need of wardrobe adjustments.  

Highboy of course was quite pleased to see a group of fun humans entering to clean even his pen.  One of his many favorite activities is tipping over nearly full wheelbarrows to see the humans jump up and down in frustration.  This smart group of horsewomen thwarted him, though.  One person haltered Highboy and held him out of the way while the others scooped manure in a flurry of activity.  I of course was in the house lying in bed, but I imagine Highboy was trying to get everyone to snap their fingers, Mary Poppins style, insisting "And SNAP!  The job's a GAME!"


After the paddocks were cleaned, the crew took a few photos.  Despite being on the other side of the fence, Highboy naturally tried to be a camera hog and steal the show.  

Lastly my friend haltered Touch A Prince for me and brought him up to the front door so I could give him a carrot.  He was such a sweetie, gently following her around the front of the house and standing quietly on the cement so I could come out and pat him.  I have about two minutes upright before the pain becomes totally overwhelming, and I spent those two minutes with Touch A Prince nuzzling me and asking where I've been for the past two weeks.  It was nice to be loved on for a minute before I had to return to horizontal.

Very large thanks are in order for all the help so far, to Owen, Sara, Kim, Rebecca, Alex, Mark, Amy, Sally, Sarah, Trisha, Meghan, and Brianna.  Many others (even non-horse people) have offered help and for that I'm also grateful, it's a tricky thing making sure the horses are attended to in precisely the right way.  I'm overwhelmed with awe that so many people have been willing and eager to help me.  

The last thing the Mountain View Arabians folks did before they left me with spotlessly clean horse paddocks was give me a box of chocolates.  I can now honestly say that all I do is lie in bed and eat bonbons.  

No comments:

Post a Comment