Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Friday, January 15, 2016

Hobbling Outside With Horses

To amuse myself while I am bedridden, I downloaded an app called My Horse onto my device.  I can pet my bay horse, give him carrots, ride him over practice jumps and turn barrels with him.  It killed some time last night but made me miss my real life terribly.  A cute app but a poor substitute for a fuzzy Thoroughbred.

As a distinct and clear blessing from on high, after nearly four weeks bedridden, for no apparent reason, my leg hurts less today than it has been.  I got my own food from the kitchen this morning, and this afternoon I was able to hobble outside to give Highboy a carrot.  It was just like the little app game, he walked straight towards me and nuzzled me over the fence, I gave him a carrot and rubbed the white on his face.  He also gave me some horsey smiles.

Despite many tests and doctor appointments there is still no official word on what exactly is causing the nerve inflammation nor is there a good plan yet for how to fix it.  This coming week there will be more tests and second opinions.  But my entire month is better for being able to hobble out to see my real life horse and give him a real life carrot.

No comments:

Post a Comment