Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Highboy in the Retired Racehorse Project Jumping Clinic


 
I was also feeling good enough to ride Highboy in the jumping clinic with Steuart Pittman from the Retired Racehorse Project.  It was a big milestone for me as my first jumps since the back surgery, and a milestone for Highboy because it was his first time RIDING in six months.  He was silly on the lunge line before I mounted, and then did some hopping around and playing while we warmed up.  I kept telling him that he needed to behave or else we wouldn't be able to ride and jump.  I think he listened, he did his very best to keep it together!  We were able to go over the ground poles and cross rails, and even hopped over a few of them. 

 I love this picture of Highboy lunging, I laugh because it makes me think of a racing camel.


 I also like to record the green horse moments so when he's all grown up and jumping well we can look back at how far he's come.




Highboy finally slowed down and relaxed after doing some fun running around in the arena.  Then we were able to get to jumping.










Not too bad for our first ride in six months.  The important thing is that I didn't hit the ground.  As my doctor counseled me, "you can ride, you just can't fall".  Success!

1 comment:

  1. YaY!!! Great pictures. So happy it was such a big success. You both look awesome.

    ReplyDelete