Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Friday, July 18, 2014

Successful Dancer

Things are very up in the air for us right now, there just doesn't seem to be another horse property available in our area with what we need.  Sigh.  Keep your ears open, I'm hoping that something will turn up via word of mouth before it comes onto the market.  

I talked to my hay supplier tonight about bringing some hay to the wellington horses.  Over the years he has purchased three foundation quarter horses through me that were all started with combined training including dressage, jumping, and trail riding.  I also did some ranch sorting on Dancer.  He said that they were at a branding last week with the horses.  He had never roped or dragged cattle with Dancer before, but she was the horse he had and just decided to give it a try.  He said she immediately knew what to do, performed perfectly, and then they roped and dragged 4 or 5 calves to the fire.  I can't help but feel crazy proud of our girl, she is TRULY a versatile horse, successful at dressage, jumping, trail riding, but can work on a ranch dragging cattle to the fire, ride 40 miles in a day checking fencing and looking for cattle, and the kids can hop on and ride her anywhere.  I love that mare and I'm so proud! She has truly earned the title of "versatility" horse!

No comments:

Post a Comment