Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Friday, December 13, 2013

Mr. January


The CANTER Colorado calendars are out!  CANTER (canterusa.org) is the off track thoroughbred rescue network where I found Highboy, and they asked for photos of CANTER alums for their 2014 calendar.  Highboy is Mr. January!  There are still some calendars available if you'd like to support the rescue group, they can be purchased at:




I also included a picture of Highboy from after his workout today.  He continues to fill out, gain strength, get more coordinated, and I suspect he's still growing.  It's hard for me to tell since I see him every day, but several clients have sworn to me that he has gotten taller and bigger, and today the vet declared he had definitely grown.  I need to get out my measuring tape and see exactly what kind of growth spurt we're dealing with.  I think we're also due for some more video for comparison.

12/14/13 update:  I remeasured Highboy this morning, and he is an inch taller than when he arrived, so he is now 16.3 hands.  He also is 4 inches larger in blanket size, he was a 74" (center of chest to center of tail) when he arrived and now he's a 78".  When I got Garmin he was about the same age as Highboy is now, and Garmin grew 2" in his first year here once he had some good nutrition.  We'll see if this continues for Highboy, he has been needing a different saddle just about every time I ride him because his back shape is changing so dramatically and so quickly as he gains weight and muscle through his topline.

Here's another group of photos of Highboy's progress because I'm still amazed at how much he's changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment