Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Good Deed

Did my good deed for the day. On my way home from pilates (excellent for riders!) I found a big fluffy black dog wandering around at I-25 and the Owl Canyon exit. I got out of the car and called him, and he came about halfway to me. He turned around and trotted away. I called him again, telling him I'd help him find his family, and he paused, then came to me and hopped in the car. He had nice manners, had recently been shaved, and looked generally well cared-for. I took him to my vet where we scanned him for a microchip with no luck, but the receptionists were able to decipher his scratched up 2010 rabies tag. They called the county, and his owners will come get him at the clinic. He did give me kind of a "look" when I left him there, like, "I thought you said you'd help me find my family and now we're at the VET?"

No comments:

Post a Comment