Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Nova's First Ride at Bit of Honey

Nova had her first ride here this morning.  She was great for mounting and walking around to start.  I'm told she's had significant riding prior to coming here, but I don't want to make any assumptions about what she knows or not.  I treat each new horse like they are just starting out, even the ones with advanced training. I gradually go through the things they might know until we reach something they don't understand.  Plus, I may do things differently than previous trainers, and she'll need to figure out what I'm doing too.

Here's the video from her first ride at Bit of Honey.

https://youtu.be/WXD7fuVw9tM?is=GRQP-qDW9veoijTo



Mounting and having cookies


A little trot each way after some discussion about appropriate ways to express discomfort with the girth.



One little canter departure.



As always, with border collie assistance!

No comments:

Post a Comment