I had an appointment this morning, so Son of a Lynx and I went for a quick ride around the fields in the bareback pad this morning. He did great, once more behaving as though riding without a saddle was something he does everyday. I am so impressed with him, he is such a sensible creature and takes each new thing in stride.
I feel like he has the rare skill set of being able to think through new questions and obstacles eclearly and quickly. I often spend a lot of time teaching horses how to be brave in the face of new stuff. When they are faced with something unexpected, they can handle it because they are accustomed to new things, not just that one particular new thing. For example, tarps. I don't care if a horse ever wants to walk on a tarp, I want to teach him how to handle himself in the face of novel situations, and exposing him to things like tarps helps with that.
https://youtu.be/NJx_8Gabpwg?is=WGjZtN14v-Wo_c46
No comments:
Post a Comment