Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Saturday, October 22, 2022

Happy Fall

Happy fall!  The horses are starting to get wooly, except Miss Pea.  I've known her since she was five (she's now 12) and she's never grown much of a coat.  She keeps her slicked out shiny  fur year round, but I'm hoping that here where it rarely gets below freezing she won't need so much of her winter wardrobe.  Dewey is working on his winter fluff, so it will be interesting to see how furry everyone gets this first winter here in VA.

Over the years Miss Pea has been notoriously difficult to keep weight on as well.  However, pasture life appears to suit her well!  She is the thickest I've ever seen her, her coat is bright and shiny, and she seems very happy and content living in the pasture with her twice daily mash containing her supplements.


 

I mean, look at the buns on that OTTB!

The barn cats, Sabbath and Orzo, appear to be enjoying the cooler temperatures too.  This morning they were sitting together in the sunshine at the corner of the barn while I was feeding everyone and doing morning chores. 

Highboy eats his mash in this paddock so that Note doesn't steal it (Highboy eats extremely slowly and Note is much faster).  This morning I was texting with a friend and Highboy wanted to make sure I told her hello from him.


I like this front photo of him - it accurately illustrates just how narrow he is!  I tease that if we are seen from the side he looks huge, but from the front he nearly disappears. 

No comments:

Post a Comment