Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Ride with Highboy





 

I'm recovering from covid and finally felt up to riding a little this morning.  I've been really sick for just over two weeks, and only narrowly avoided having to go to the hospital because I was vaccinated and boosted, and I had inhalers and a nebulizer at home to manage my asthma.  Whatever variant I had was no joke!  So far Owen has avoided testing positive but he definitely has been fighting something over the past few days.  He was a rockstar and took care of all the horses for me when I was too sick to even walk to the barn. 






This photo does a good job illustrating how sore my shoulders are.  I'm still a little achey from being sick, and recently learned that I also have nerve impingement in my shoulders.   Looking at the photo you can tell because my shoulders are curled so far forward and lifted up.  Thankfully, Highboy is ignoring this about my posture and is happily stretching at the trot anyway.


After we rode in the arena for a while Highboy and I went for a brief trail ride with the dogs.  I love how the light and focus came out in this shot from my cell phone!

Rizzo always loves a good trailride - here she’s politely asking, “Can we go now?!”


1 comment: