Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, November 8, 2021

Highboy Loosening School

Highboy went on a fairly long trail ride this past weekend with me, and he worked hard with quite a sweat.  He had Sunday to rest, and so today, Monday, I took him out for a hack to loosen him up.  When I do these loosening rides I let the horse carry himself however is most comfortable, and as the ride goes on the horse gets softer and has more swing in his stride.  Highboy was no exception, and had a good easy workout.


I try to compare Highboy's hind legs' movement from the video.  These two photos show him with similar reach and stride length in his LH and RH at the trot, which I like to see especially after a hard ride like the trails he did Saturday.


 

 

I'm especially pleased to see how much Highboy is reaching under himself with his RH leg at the canter.  Historically his RH hamstring is tighter than the L, so I'm pleased to see this much range of motion in that limb.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment