Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, September 21, 2015

Sweetpeacefuldream Walks in Fields of Gold


This morning was chilly, and when I went into the paddock to catch Sweetpeacefuldream she said she was feeling fresh!  She ran up the little hill shouting, "you can't catch me!"  The silly mare had run right into the corner where it was easy to get her.  I caught her and tied her for grooming, but she was very wiggly and needed to go play first.  I put just her boots on and turned her out in the round pen for a few minutes.  She ran and played and generally enjoyed herself.  A couple of her playful sliding stops got me excited for her future with challenging turns on a jump course, as well as pondering her potential as a western horse.  This mare could be quite versatile!


 When she was done she came right over to me and followed, docile as can be, back to the gate where I haltered her again. 



We walked back to the barn and then went through grooming calmly, adding a bareback pad and bridle.  I hopped on at the mounting block at the barn, then we wandered down to the arena with the dogs.




Miss Pea had been pretty anxious about riding in the pastures when she first arrived, but now that she has been here for a couple months she has mellowed considerably.  She was quiet enough today that I was comfortable riding her bareback with the dogs around the front field and around the geldings' paddocks.  When we got to the back side of the barn, her friends rushed the fence to say hello and she just paused and visited with them politely.  I took some video, which can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN9DSF__tP4&feature=youtu.be



No comments:

Post a Comment