Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Highboy's Mounting Block

Highboy wants to get back to work!  He's been a little neglected recently with all the traveling, he is just getting turned out with his friends to play.  This morning I put him in the arena and Obie was getting tired of Highboy pestering, so I went to turn out one of the ponies with him.  Highboy had been standing at the fenceline talking to the ponies, but as soon as I entered the pen he immediately latched on to me and began following me around asking ME to play with him.  We fooled around in the arena a bit, free lunging both directions.  Both leads are easy for him now, and he knows all the voice commands.  In the last month, even when he's out playing for hours he doesn't get sore anymore.  I went over to the mounting block and sat down for a few minutes, thinking I'd watch him run and play, but to my surprise he sauntered right over to where I was sitting and lined himself up at the mounting block for me to climb on from his right side.  I didn't have a helmet on, so I just patted him on his back and leaned over a bit.  Then I got off the block, he turned around, and looked at me like, "so are you going to get on from this side or what?"  I think the boy is eager to get riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment