Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, October 24, 2021

Curio Free Jumping

 

Curio had a fun time in the jumping chute this morning!  I introduced him to it like I do everyone their first time, leading them through all ground poles, and a cookie after going over each obstacle.  Once he had the idea, I raised each jump to be a small cross rail, and walked through with him a few more times, dispensing cookies as we went.  When it was clear he knew what to do, I then unclipped my lead rope and sent him through the chute on his own.  

 

These trotting photos are of him coming back to me to have a cookie after he went through the chute.  He sure is a fancy mover.

 


 

Here Curio is going over the oxer while it's set very small:

And here he is going over it when it's set higher:


 

Once he figured out how to make his body do it, Curio became very careful with both front and hind feet so he wouldn't hit anything.

Here is the video of his last time through:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQiyjPOQaSU

 




No comments:

Post a Comment