Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Trail Ride at Soapstone Prairie 4th of July

 Today we celebrated the 4th of July and my birthday with a long ride out at Soapstone Prairie.  We did the Pronghorn Loop which was about 10 miles.  Major was great as usual, wearing all his trail riding accoutrements, he was ready for anything.  Sally commented that he probably could have packed out the other riders if needed with his preparatory gear.  Everyone was happy we were prepared, though, since I came equipped with camera, granola bars, and water in addition to the first aid kit, spare halter and lead, maps, hoofpick, and horse treats. 
Major rockin' the trail riding gear

Bridling for the ride
"Has anyone noticed my hat is crooked??"
 This was Linda's first big ride with her new mare, Gigi.  The mare was awesome, just kept on keeping on, trotting when she needed to catch up, walking when we were together as a group. 



I'm happy to be on the trail!

My view for most of the ride of my Major's head














A great time to be out on the trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment