Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, August 2, 2020

The Barefoot Mountain Thoroughbred

Today Owen and I went early in the morning while it was still cool to Red Mountain Open Space with Raven.  We did a twelve mile loop along Cheyenne Rim trail, which has significant elevation change as you go up to the rim and then back down again.  Raven was amazing, never put a foot wrong, and we trotted, cantered, and galloped a significant portion of the ride.  It works out well, since Owen is a trail runner he has a pretty consistent pace, and with the horses I do a little of each gait for conditioning.  We end up leap-frogging for most of the trip, but we usually start and finish together.

I didn't remember to bring my gopro on this ride.  However, because Raven is so surefooted and confident on the trails even at speed I got several videos on my phone.  I held it in my hand while I neck-reined her through switchbacks and turns, even on trails with a drop off at one side.  Raven is a rockstar at this kind of thing, and I said several times to myself that I ride an amazing Barefoot Mountain Thoroughbred. 

That said, some of the videos are very high-motion, especially the last one where we gallop through the wash.  Enjoy what you can see of the view!












No comments:

Post a Comment