Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Weekend Schooling


Here are some photos from Kimberly Hale Photography of this weekend's rides.  We had a bunch of nice arena rides as well as riding out to the back forty.

I got on Note bareback with just the bareback pad because I wanted to get him out but I didn't want to wrestle with him.  If we're just in a bareback pad and I'm wearing jeans he knows we're just going to hack around and there's nothing to get excited about.  If I tack him in full saddle, boots, and I'm in breeches and such he thinks he's ready to gear up for a big job.  Ironically, I have much quieter rides on Note my favorite bucking horse when we're bareback than when we're saddled.  I am meticulous about saddle fit, though, and I'm sure that's not the issue, he's just mentally much more geared up for action in full tack.




Sam went for a nice ride, too.  Warmed up in the arena and then we hacked out to the back forty with Alice and Beauty.








Silver and Gillian also had a great riding lesson this week.  They warmed up in the arena and Silver was a little sticky, just kind of slow and disinterested in working.  So we headed out to the field just in front of the arena outside the round pen and worked over the small log there.  Once that was going smoothly we went to the pasture with the dry ponds in it and schooled up and down the small banks there.





I also had baby Jury out for seeing the sights and meeting the people.  It's amazing to me how much they learn by watching other horses and riders, and Jury is no exception.  He's calmer and friendlier each time I take him out, and he seems to be realizing that riders aboard horses isn't so strange after all.




 Jury checked out my phone call, wondering if he could place an order for some more horse cookies.



As usual, the dogs were out helping me, too.  Rizzo and Pascal are so pleased to be out working on these nice days.



No comments:

Post a Comment