Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Memorize a Prix Caprilli Test


I've been working on memorizing my prix caprilli dressage test for this Saturday's show at Triple Creek with Highboy​. A prix caprilli test is a dressage test with some jumps in it.  This one is longer than anything I've done with him so far in competition, with lots more canter work. 
I'm experimenting to see if a longer more complicated test gives him time and incentive to focus since he gets bored so easily and then causes trouble to entertain himself. We are also riding a quickie beginner novice eventing dressage test, so we'll see how he goes. He's an unconventional horse so I'm trying unconventional methods.

I have to memorize the test because if I have someone call it out to me while I'm riding I get distracted and have trouble focusing on my horse and riding the actual movements.  There are lots of ways to memorize a test, and since it's that time of year again here is an older blog post describing some ways to get the pattern to stick in your head.

http://bitofhoneytraining.blogspot.com/2013/03/how-to-learn-pattern.html

No comments:

Post a Comment