Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Cole the Jump School Master


Just yesterday while I was jumping Highboy Jasi asked if she would ever be jumping that height.  I responded, yes, and probably sooner than you think.  Today she got to do her first 3'3" oxer with Cole.


As Jasi, my working student, has progressed in her riding at Bit of Honey Training, she has ridden many different horses here.  Today I pulled Cole out of the pasture to work him for the first time in many months.  I rode him on the flat then jumped him a little, and when he had sufficiently proven to me that he did indeed miss his day job I let Jasi ride him over the grid of jumps.


I got some video, which can be seen here:



 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98h-FZKL5Kk

Kim H. was here today and got these amazing photos.  What would we do without our resident photographer?  This blog is infinitely more interesting thanks to her photographic contributions!




This photo from just prior to takeoff shows how high this fence was for Cole the Connemara who stands at 15.1hands.


I love this last photo of Cole, I swear he is smiling because he just loves jumping that much, and he adores teaching the next generation of riders how to do it well.


No comments:

Post a Comment