Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC
Welcome to Bit of Honey Training LLC

Monday, July 20, 2015

Morning on the Back Forty

Today I got up and started riding early to try to beat the heat.  I put Highboy and Tao in the arena with the idea that they would do some weed eating for me, but they ended up playing and jumping through the gymnastic lines I had set up instead.  While they were occupied, I rode Jubilee the little arabian, Miss Pea, and Monty.

Miss Pea is so much fun, she really is settling in well and gaining confidence with every ride.  We just walked around in the back pastures with Mahzi the dog and looked at the new logs that are slowly arriving for the cross country course.  I'm always amazed at how gorgeous her red hair is.


Later in the morning I got on Tao the haflinger to take him out to the back forty as well.  It was another relaxing ride.  He did run a little bit, but it was very much "I'm feeling good, can we run?" so I let him go as fast as he wanted, and used the terrain to slow him down.  He decided it was too much work to gallop up and down hills, so he came back down to the walk.  We did several laps of the back pasture, but his whole ride was fun and relaxed, not at all tense or rushing.




No comments:

Post a Comment